Founded in 1920, the Salesmanship Club of Dallas is an organization dedicated to improving the lives of children and their families in the greater Dallas area.Through their therapeutic services, families come to them to discuss a variety of issues including challenges at school, conflict and communication problems, depression/anxiety, divorce and blended families, sexual, physical and emotional abuse.
The Salesmanship Club of Dallas, in partnership with Salesmanship Club Charitable Golf of Dallas, is sponsor of the HP Byron Nelson Championship. The Salesmanship Club has raised more than $121 million for charity, placing it at the top of the list of all-time tournament contributors on the PGA TOUR.
Funds raised at the HP Byron Nelson Championship enable Salesmanship Club to serve thousands of children and families and ensure that families are never turned away from these vital services because of inability to pay.Their focus is on the following:
- Therapeutic services: Providing therapy, treatment groups and education for kids and families experiencing a wide range of emotional and behavioral problems.
- Education: J. Erik Jonsson Community School is the exemplary, research-based community school for at-risk kids that focus on academic excellence and social competence.The school demonstrates the benefits of early intervention by partnering with low-income families to offer an enriched, engaging elementary school education for children from age 3- 5th grade. For the last three years, the Jonsson School has met Texas Education Agency criteria to be recognized as an Exemplary School.In addition, the program can boast that over 90 percent of its students go on to graduate from high school and 85 percent enroll in college or other post-secondary programs.
- Professionals: Salesmanship Club values sharing what they learn, and learning from their colleagues in the education and mental health communities. While always proud of the high-quality direct services that Salesmanship Club provides, they like to extend their impact. They are always seeking to leverage their work in several ways:
- By working with interns and trainees each year and investing in the next generation of teachers and mental health professionals who serve kids in the Dallas community.
- By inviting innovative and influential national educators and mental health professionals to Dallas to lead training events. These innovative professionals introduce new ideas and practices to local professionals. In this way, Salesmanship Club hopes to improve services to all the kids and families that these professionals will reach.